2015 Year in Review from Pat Hinchey and Temp Davis
We wanted to take a minute to review 2015 and let you reflect on some of the steps we took to advance our company’s 3 core mission for your benefit:
Core 1: Service
As always, our number one priority is to serve you.
- To that end we spent the majority of 2015 reviewing financial plans and monitoring and rebalancing your investment accounts.
Core 2: Sharpen the Saw
Noted author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People coined this phrase and we like to stay sharp!
- Social Security claiming rules changed in November and we began learning and tooling to assess that impact.
- We affiliated with a different Registered Investment Advisor, IFG Advisory, for the purpose of keeping advisory service costs to you as low as possible.
- We adopted a new software tool for helping us assess your risk tolerance and matching your portfolio to it.
- We created a new time segmented income distribution planning tool to help us plan cash flow during your retirement years.
- Pat attended the 3 day LPL Focus workshop in Washington which focused on industry updates and practice management.
- We met with countless investment and insurance company executives to understand their investment methodologies and product or program features.
- Temp traveled to Boston to meet with the LPL Financial Investment Team to learn more about hedging strategies they have developed.
- Pat attended the 4 day LPL Masters Operations focused Conference in Miami.
- Temp met with research and market analysts in Austin to get a look behind the curtain at Dimensional Fund Advisors.
Core 3: Good News
To remain viable and low cost while serving you, we need to take on a few new clients each year. We believe serving you to the best of our ability is the best way to earn your referral and we also believe word of mouth is the best advertising. We are trying to make that an easy step for you while we make ourselves more technologically advanced and appealing to your children and grandchildren.
- We changed our name to better reflect our founding membership in the Integrated Financial Group and affiliation with IFG Advisory. Integrated Financial Partners allows us to present a more seamless communication presence.
- We developed a new website that has a cleaner fresh look and adapts to mobile devices automatically and have started blogging on relevant topics.
- We have adopted a new email system that allows us to keep you informed better.
- We have implemented social media in the Facebook, Linked In and Twitter spaces and have channeled our blog through them. Please like us in the SM that you participate in.