We Take Your PII Security Seriously!
Protecting your PII is very important to us. Personally identifiable information (PII) is any data that could potentially identify a specific individual.
Here is a brief summary of the steps we take to protect sensitive PII:
- We keep our office doors locked at all times to prevent unauthorized people from entering undetected and stealing equipment or information.
- We keep the very minimum required paper documents behind secondary locked doors and tertiary locked files. All other documents are shredded.
- Employees are screened, background checked and finger printed.
- We keep complex passwords with upper and lower case letters and symbols and numbers and change them at least four times per year.
- We do not use texting for business purposes.
- We encrypt emails with sensitive PII.
- We keep our mail receptacle behind locked doors.
- We protect computers with software firewalls, antivirus and anti-spyware software and regular operating system updates.
- We encrypt portable devices such as flash drives, cell phones, laptops and tablets with NIST and AES approved encryption algorithms.
- We set all computer s to lock out after 15 minutes.
- We do not use peer to peer file sharing.
- We do not use public computers to access sensitive PII.
- We do not use public wireless networks to access sensitive PII.
- We use SSl or TLS encryption for data transmissions.
- We physically destroy old computers, printers and fax machines and drill the hard drives and create beautiful Christmas ornaments with them!
- Our processes are audited annual by LPL.
Thank you for taking time to read this.